Community calendar: local events | Lifestyles
• GLORY GRILLE: Free lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., the first and third Saturdays of each month, First Presbyterian Church, 125 N. Jefferson St.
• KINGS KIDS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM: 4 pm to 5:30 pm Thursdays, Grace United Methodist Ministry, Croton. Children K-6 and a program for grades 7 to 12. Fun, fellowship, crafts, Bible stories, and food. Special events include game nights, movie nights, and field trips. For more information, call Sally at (724) 730-6688.
• THE CHOSEN, SEASON 2: 8 p.m. Friday to October 8, Grace Bible Church, 1450 Old Princeton Road. Two episodes per week for four weeks. Indoors or outdoors depending on the weather. Free water and popcorn.
• COMMUNITY BIBLE STUDY: 1 pm to 3 pm Thursdays, The Confluence, 214 E. Washington St. Breakfast available for purchase. One chapter per week in the Gospel of John. Bring the Bible or a phone with a Bible app. Sponsored by First Presbyterian Church.
• WOMEN’S LECTURE: “The Price of the Perfect Perfume,” featuring Laura Ollis, begins at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 1 at Gardner Chapel Keys to the Kingdom Church, 2809 Forest Ave. On October 2, events start with coffee and donuts at 8:30 am followed by the conference at 9 am and dinner at 12:30 pm The cost is $ 30 for both days. (724) 971-7550.
• “FOOLS”: performances of Neil Simon’s comedy, October 1-3 and 7-10, New Castle Playhouse, 202 E. Long Ave. All members of the public must have proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test taken within 72 hours of performance. Masks required. Advance tickets only. To buy, visit newcastleplayhouse.org or call (724) 654-3437 between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• FLEA MARKET: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. October 2, Grace United Methodist Ministries, 910 Croton Ave. Take-out lunch available. CDC guidelines followed.
• CLOTHING OFFER: 9 am to 1 pm, October 2, Rose Point Reformed Presbyterian Church, 1166 Church Alley. Clean, lightly used clothing of all sizes will be available free of charge. If you have any questions, call (724) 924-9519.
• THREE ACRES HOMESTEAD FALL OPEN DOORS: 9 am to 5 pm October 2, 10 am to 3 pm October 3, Three Acres Homestead, 323 Firehall Road. Moms, pumpkins, fall decorations, food, children’s activities.
• MEDICARE 101 PRESENTATION: 3:00 p.m. on October 5, Challenges, Aging Options, 2706 Mercer Road. Learn about Medicare changes for 2022, Medicare options that suit your lifestyle and financial situation, programs that help cover some Medicare costs, and talk to a Medicare advisor. (724) 658-3729.
• BRIAR BROOK BARN SALE: 10 am to 4 pm October 9-10, 330 Eastbrook Neshannock Falls Road. Vendors include a womenswear boutique, metal sign maker, handmade soaps, farmhouse signs, antiques, vintage items, refurbished furniture, home decor. Amish donuts on October 9, food and coffee vendor on both days.
• HALLOWINE TRAIL: 3 pm to 10 pm on October 15, 11 am to 10 pm on October 16, Nova Cellars Winery, Brew 32, Knockin ‘Noggin and Scallywag Distillery. Each ticket includes one flight and one meal at each location. There will also be specialty themed drinks and a daily costume contest with prizes.
• PIG & PIE AUTUMN FESTIVAL AND DINNER: 5:00 PM, October 16, First United Brethren Church, 1900 Eastbrook Road. Dinner: BBQ pulled pork, baked potato, vegetables, coleslaw, applesauce, dessert. Adults, $ 10; children 5-12, $ 5; under 5, free. Also a fresh sausage sale, gift / craft auction and pie auction. The profits go to the missions. To reserve, dial (724) 654-9653. Leave a message if no response.
• HALLOWINE TRAIL: 3 to 10 p.m. on October 22, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on October 23, Nova Cellars Winery, Brew 32, Knockin ‘Noggin and Scallywag Distillery. Each ticket includes one flight and one meal at each location. There will also be specialty themed drinks and a daily costume contest with prizes.
• TRUNK WHERE TO TREAT: 6 to 8 p.m., October 22, Life Changing Ministries, 2929 Mercer Road.
• HALLOWINE TRAIL: 3 pm to 10 pm on October 29, 11 am to 10 pm on October 30 Nova Cellars Winery, Brew 32 Craft Brewery, Knockin ‘Noggin and Scallywag Distilling. Each ticket includes one flight and one meal at each location. There will also be specialty themed drinks and a daily costume contest with prizes.
• CRAFT FAIR: 9 am to 3 pm November 6, Life Changing Ministries, 2929 Mercer Road. Vendors wishing to have a table should reserve by calling Lib Parry at (724) 652-0215.