Football blanks Rice 58-0 in mainstream fashion
Game Recap: Football |
Five different Longhorns find the end zone in Saturday’s victory.
AUSTIN, Texas – The University of Texas (2-1, 0-0) came home and made an offensive statement, shutting out Rice (0-3, 0-0) in a 58-0 win at Darrell K Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium Saturday night. Five different Longhorns scored touchdowns, highlighted by Bijan Robinsonis three in the first half.
- Texas wasted no time scoring, going down the field after nine plays for 69 yards. The opening practice was capped by a Bijan Robinson four-yard run for his fifth touchdown of the year.
- After picking up Casey thompson and leading 56 yards, Rice missed a 29-yard FG attempt with just under three minutes left in the first.
- Roschon Johnson took a straight shot for a 72-yard rushing touchdown throughout his career to give Texas a 14-0 lead.
- Keilan Robinson Blocked a Rice punt that unrolled the end zone, resulting in a safety to extend the lead to 16-0.
- B. Robinson added his second half-time touchdown with a seven-yard run down center, capitalizing on a nine-game practice to bring the score to 23-0.
- For the third time in the first half, B. Robinson found the end zone after a 62-yard run. This is the second time in his career with three touchdowns in a single game, tying his career high.
- Casey thompson finished his 11e pass from half time on a TD pass 20 yards to the left to find Jared wiley and pushed Texas to the lead 37-0.
- Texas capped off their offensive downpour with a 13-yard pass to Xavier Digne first touchdown in career to take a 44-0 lead at halftime.
- Keilan Robinson left everyone behind after a 65-yard touchdown in the middle and Texas extended the lead to 51-0 after a Bert Auburn TAP.
- Jonathon brooks scored his first career touchdown on a 17-yard run to the left. Longhorns extended their lead to 58-0.
Texas will host Texas Tech on September 25 at 11 a.m. to open the Big 12.